Transition from ´18 to ´19 went quiet and smooth.
A Analog Discovery2 arrived. Hope to find out that I can use it as decent Impedance-, Network- and Spectrum Analyzer.
Also its time to look a back on how 2018 was and what may come in 2019 ... so here are some more Comics .... enjoy
and of course no day without weird news from the ubiquitous, perpetual Donald Trump
End of December 2018
- wrote some lines for Test-Lab - Instruments
- corrected for many small errors and typos again (sigh)
- it had been a good year so far ... no health issues (almost forgot my motorbike crash *lol*), job runs well, relatives and friends are ok, even Mrs. Merkel´s period as head of her party finally ended (and her´s beeing a Chancelorette is on the finish line also, Yabbadabbadoo) ... if only the world be´d in a better condition. Leaves lot of room for improvement in 2019.
But let´s not become too pessimistic ;-)
End of November 2018
- I decided to put back together my german and international site on one site and just keep the more
fancy new look ;-)
- corrected for many small errors and typos
- added a section about lab-instruments and measurement gear
USA´s west burns down but Mr. D.Trump still negates a human influence on climatic change ..... what a nincompoop
3rd Q of 2018
bought a Audio Technica AT-F7 low-otput MC pickup. What a beauty
It fits my TheKiller tonearm soo well ;-)
2nd Q of 2018
Since I only had some old analog lab instruments I decided to buy some new stuff.
End of March 2018
Begin to write my german website.
The german part will eventually be taken off of this site and be transferred to the new site
- the phono preamp project is close to the finish. The prototypes have had their first evaluation and listening sessions. So far everyone who experienced the phono rated it very high. Almost all comments sound similar .... very high resolution and precision ... very exact staging ... remarkably low noise and extremely low hum. But the most noticeable comment is speed speed and speed.
Soon personal evaluation reports and magazine reviews will follow and I´m quite shure they will be very very positive. My client also seems to be very happy with the outcome. I just hope that it becomes the commercial success he hopes for.
- corrected website for some minor issues like typos, text passages and enlarging-on-click for some pics and graphics.
- added chapter ´CFP buffer/preamplifier´ in Menue ´ideas and circuits/preamplifier´
- started work for my new employer, a german electronic parts manufacturer.
- a almost 2 year running project is finally coming to an end. It started in that a aquaintance I had met on the AAA fair asked me to take a look at his project.
So I ended developing a new PCB layout and when the device still not reached the specs, I was asked to develop a complete new design.
Well, the first prototype has passed a couple of shootouts against renowned and considerably higher priced competitors and performs exceptionally well so far.
Production run should start in a few weeks and I´ll see if I can disclose more later.
- changed the section ´hybrid buffers´
- started ´really good 100W amplifier´ in section ´ideas and circuits´.
- Updated section ´ MyTechnics´ with subsections ´Tonearm´ and ´Pickup´
- Updated section ´All-JFET SE-Phono´
- Due to the required update to https I lost my counter at over 24000 hits and had to relaunch a new one :-(
- Updated section ideas/misc with CMOS-logic circuits
- my work for purist ends at the end of 2016 and I´m looking forward to meet new challenges.
British crazyness dwarfed!
Americans have had their presidential elections and the world rubs her eyes in astonishment. How can a proven incorrigible liar, a rude egocentric bully and the worst-wig-on-earth become the new leader of the mightiest military power?
It only requires a keen eye and low intellect to realize that Donald Trump is capable of a lot, but won´t be the one who ´makes America great again´ ... whatever that means anyway.
This is a prime example that one should not make important decisions when beeing in a state of angryness or emotionally off-centeredness.
Btw. did You know that the phrase ´make america great again´ ....
... and guess by whom?
- Updated the Buffer menue with the ´Hybrid-Compound-Buffer´
- Beginning of ´Verschiedenes/Miscellaneous´ a chapter about helper- and periphery-circuits
Juli, 9th. 2016
June, 24th. 2016
Brexit - or "Little Britain at it´s worst"
If the EU granted for one of the longest pieceful periods in Europe alone, it´d be worth every effort and be worth to remain a part of it. Unfortunately the British have chosen to not be a part of it in future.
They have at the same given up the chance to evolve and improve the EU from within.
Let´s just hope that matters come out well
These Britons are crazy!
Beginning new built of phono Calvin-RP1 in a casing that I found at Fischer Elektronik, the TONDO-series TON 111 30 200. I´ll take it in black anodized with red stripes.
End of May 2016
Beginning to write the chapter "ideas and circuits -- Verstärker / amplifiers"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Received the slotted glass tubes from the Glasfachschule (glas college).
They managed to cut the slots quite clean with only minor break-offs. I´m happy as all glass specialists before had turned me down, claiming that alrady hardened glass could not be cut without major destruction.
I think the cutting surface can be smoothed with a diamond orcorundum tool.
Mid May 2016
Whilst my stay in Regen around the HighEnd 2016 I left the two Schott glass tubes -intended for a Cantus tonearm clone project- to the Glasfachschule ´glass college´ in nearby Zwiesel to try to cut slots into the tubes.
We showed at the Munic HighEnd 2016 show.
Had a small both in Hall4,R14, showing our Music Server.
Also we showed the complete setup at an off-side location only 100m distanced from the MOC.
See a short report with pics on monoandstereo
The setup consisted of:
Audience critics were very positive, yes even outrageously positive. Quite regularly the terms ´best of show´ and ´best, I ever heard´ fell. Listeners were astonished about the huge dynamic range and stupendous ´speed´ and attack this compact -at least for super box standards- speaker system delivered, fed from rather medium wattage amps. The performance was certainly exciting and great fun for every listener.
Oct 31st - Nov 1st, 2015
Analog-Form in Krefeld.
I could show two turntable projects and one Calvin/RP1-PCB at the room of a befriended dealer.
The MyTechnics TT as fully completed and functioning device and the TheKiller TT and the Calvin-PCB as partly finished non-functional devices.